I’m Nelson Pahl, a narrative psychologist that specializes in healing pet loss. In fact, I’m one of the world’s leading experts on the topic.
I counsel. I research. I educate.
And while my private practice is located in KCMO, USA, I help clients the world-over “complete” their pet loss via virtual sessions, courses, books, workshops, and retreats.
My approach to grief steps beyond the tired, and largely failing, traditional model of adjustment “stages.”
Instead, I help clients find prompt and efficient healing through narrative & expressive arts tactics, as well as memory reconsolidation techniques for traumatic grief triggers.
The methods I employ are gentle-yet-potent and quite liberating. In fact, they can oftentimes feel almost magical.
My life before psychology includes a six-year stint in the United States Freestyle Team system, as well as an 18-year career as a respected writer, author, and editor.
Academically, my undergraduate studies included concentrations in psychology and creative writing (UCSD). I earned my MBA Certificate from Tulane. And, I carried out my Ph.D. studies in narrative psychology at the University of Portsmouth.
– I’m originally from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul.
– I’m a pet parent to a pair of precious pups, as well as three cats.
– I love the Minnesota Wild.
– There’s no where I’d rather be than on a kayak in the mountains.
– I call KC’s yoga queen my beloved.
– And I operate both Nelson Pahl Healing and Wiley Rogue Publishing with my oldest and dearest friend, Shellie Rae.
Needless to say, if you’ve been enduring intense pet loss…
And you’re looking to resolve that grief…
I probably have a solution for you.
Until next time…