I’m Nelson Pahl, a narrative psychologist that specializes in pet loss grief. In fact, I’m one of the world’s leading experts on the topic.
I counsel. I research. I educate.
And while my private practice is located in KCMO, I help clients the world-over.
My background includes a six-year stint in the United States Freestyle Team system, as well as an 18-year career as a respected writer, author, and editor.
Academically, my undergraduate studies included concentrations in psychology and creative writing (UCSD). I earned my MBA Certificate from Tulane. And, I’m currently finishing up my Ph.D. in narrative psychology at a renowned UK research institute.
– I’m originally from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul.
– I’m a pet parent to a pair of precious pups: Moose, a puggle (16); and Izzie, a miniature husky mix (15). I’m also a pet step-parent to Mazie, a Cairn Terrier mix, and cats Ash, Zoe, and Simba.
– I love the Minnesota Wild.
– There’s no where I’d rather be than on a kayak in the mountains.
– I call KC’s yoga queen my beloved.
– And I operate both Nelson Pahl Counseling and Wiley Rogue Publishing with my oldest and dearest friend, Shellie.
Needless to say, if you’ve been enduring intense grief over the loss of a companion animal, any companion animal…
And you’re looking to resolve that grief…
You’ve arrived at the right place. 😉
Until next time…